The PADI Master Scuba Diving certification is the highest non-professional diver rating issued by PADI. It distinguishes the bearer as being highly trained and experienced in a wide range of specialist diving activities and courses. It certainly is more than just another diving license! It takes time, commitment and dedication to scuba diving in order to achieve this rating and as such it is a testament to your clear passion for the underwater world.
To earn your Master Scuba Diver rating you don’t participate in a singular course but rather a collection of diving courses and experiences. Probably you’ll be completing the various certification requirements over more than one diving vacation or, if you’re based here in the Maldives, then over several weekends. Of course if you have the time and you can commit to finishing whatever you need to get certified then we’re happy to help you achieve your goal. Exactly how long that might take depends on the diving certifications you currently hold and how many logged dives you already have.
To become certified as a PADI Master Scuba Diver you need to:
- Be at least 12 years old.*
- Hold a PADI Advanced Open Water Diver Certification
- Hold a PADI Rescue Diver certification
- Have completed at least 5 PADI Specialty Diver certifications**
- Have logged at least 50 dives.
* Divers between 12 and 14 years of age can earn the Junior Master Scuba Diver rating.
** Find out more about specialty courses and which options are available to you in our Specialty Course Page.
How to book?
- You can book via email or you can call us on 00960 911116 at Maafushi Dive. We would appreciate it if you can let us know at least 24 hours in advance of starting your course.