If you’ve done the Open Water course you will already have realized that scuba diving can be a whole lot more involved than just spending time underwater. Perhaps you’ve already seen others taking photos of the marine life and of each other. Or perhaps you’d like to experience the thrill of a night dive? Well you can!
The PADI Adventures in Diving programme lets you do all of these exciting additions whilst working towards your next level of diver certification. Consult with your diving instructor and choose from a variety of Adventure Dives offered through our Dive Center. Once you have completed at least 3 Adventure Dives from the Adventures in Diving programme you will be eligible to be certified as an Adventure Diver.
Adventure dives that you can participate in include:
- Deep diving
- Underwater navigation
- Night diving
- Wreck diving
- Digital underwater photography
- Peak performance buoyancy
- Drift diving
- Underwater naturalist
If you are already Open Water Certified then you can earn the Adventure Diver rating in as little as 1 day, although you might like to spread it over 2 days.
- Course outline – First off you’ll receive an Adventures in Diving Participant Manual and then discuss with your diving instructor which three Adventure Dives you would like to participate in. For each elected dive there is a corresponding section in the participant manual that you’ll read and some knowledge review questions that you need to answer. Your instructor will review these answers with you as well as brief you on each dive before you go underwater. Then you’re diving again! Each time with a different objective but overall to help you broaden your understanding of the aquatic world and sharpen your diving skills. Afterwards you’ll log your dives while your instructor debriefs you on how the dive went and discusses with you what you have experienced underwater. It’s really that simple but also challenging and a lot of fun.
Get a head start!
- We highly recommend that participants complete the theory portion of the course online through the PADI eLearning portal. You can obtain all of the knowledge development for each adventure dive from the comfort of your own home. All you need is a laptop or PC, a comfortable chair and an endless supply of coffee. If you choose this option then please discuss with us specifically which Adventure Dives you wish to participate in before starting your eLearning. Feel free to contact us directly via email or use the contact form on our website to confirm the dives with us. For more information on eLearning, you can read our eLearning section of the website.
Who can participate?
- The minimum age for participants is 12 years. Participants under the age of 18 will need the consent of a parent or legal guardian who should be with the under-age participant to sign the various forms. Participants between 12 and 15 years of age will receive a PADI Junior Adventure Diver certification after satisfactorily completing the course. There is no maximum age limit.
- Participants must either be PADI Open Water Certified or carry an equivalent certification from another accredited diving organization or agency.
- Participants should be in good health. A part of the programme paperwork includes a medical statement by which you self-asses your fitness for diving. Individuals who are suffering from allergies or colds might experience difficulty in participating on the dive portion of the experience. If in doubt, please refer to a copy of the medical statement and/or consult your physician.
- Please be advised that there is a 24-hour no diving before flying policy in effect in the Maldives. It’s better to schedule any diving related activities early on in your travel plans to avoid conflict with this local law. We would hate to turn you away simply because you are flying the next day.
How to book?
- You can book via email or you can call us on 00960 911116 at Maafushi Dive. We would appreciate it if you can let us know at least 24 hours in advance of starting your course.